Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rose Bowl Flea Market : treasure #3

I find them hauntingly beautiful, my husband's reaction was "What is that?!"

My "pups"

Apartment Therapy

Tumblr.com
Staghorn Fern. Ever heard of it? Basically its a subtropical fern that lives by growing into the bark of trees. It has gorgeous antler-shaped fronds (hence the name) and it quite easy to keep indoors until it starts reaching the more than thirty pounds mark. (they get big!) Well, I was quite pleased to snag one from a vendor who had "raised it from just a pup." I fell in love with these plants years ago and recently have noticed them popping up as indoor decor. Here is mine, and here are a few other inspirational photos. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I like them - hope your pup grows big and quite ferny!

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete