Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Inspiration: Vintage Beach Cottage

Vintage Pyrex beaker growing sweet potato vine


Vintage paint-by-numbers and Pottery Barn lamp

This shell was collected from the South Pacific by my grandfather during WWII


Original oil painting Goodwill $30

When my husband Robert was a boy growing up in Chicago, his family would escape to the lakeside town of Pentwater as a summer retreat. The glowing blue lake, the fine white sands, even the smell of the air all bring fond childhood memories that are irreplaceable for him. I also grew up not far from a favorite summer jaunt: the seaside town of Mendocino, California. Every summer since high school my mom and I would pick a day and spend it in the tiny shops and among the flower covered bluffs far above the tide pools and waves. I tried to incorporate these memories into our home decor and decided to share what I have come up with. Here are a few of my favorite pieces that bring us back to the beach -vintage cottage style.

No comments:

Post a Comment